Monday, September 10, 2007

Dakota 50

Shoot, I suppose it's been over a week since I rode the Dakota 50 and I am finally getting around to posting. It was a good ride and I thought I did much better than previous years. Found out it was only a few minutes better which definitely bummed me out a bit. Tons of people showed up, I recall hearing at least 100 more than '06.

I started out really strong the first 20 miles. I recall only walking one or two times up hills that are tough. The rest of the ride I'm going to blame on heat. It was hot and I was not conditioned for riding 50 miles on the mt bike. I ended at about 7 hours and 19 minutes. Next year I am going to do better.

I think I'm going to try and commute by bike the rest of the week. I usually ride with my wife to work, but I am needing more bike time. I miss my bike.

I want one of these to commute and run around with..
http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/SMOKE/index.html

No comments: