Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rants and Raves

Alright, yesterday on my commute to work I learned something. The CITY closes the damn bike path for the Central States Fair. There isn't really any safe alternate route around either. I have to ride on highly traveled no shoulder roads where cages don't pay any attention. I will be writing a letter to the city about this. I believe if you are to have a bike path, it remains a bike path for the entire year. The current bike path has been turned into carnieville and parking. That's complete B.S. and I'm pissed about it.

If that wasn't bad enough, yesterday some punk a$$ kid yelled at my while I was riding home. He yells, "get on the sidewalk". I didn't retaliate although I thought many things in my tiny little hollow head. Apparently he has not learned the laws. I think he should be educated and then shocked with a hot shot just for being a stupid punk kid who apparently doesn't know sh*t.

On a much better note. I went for a little jaunt over my lunch break. First to Two Wheeler Dealer to see if they had some drink stuff I'm trying to find, then on to the grocery store. I wanted some fruit which I got. My issue came apparent when I realized I don't have any convenient way to carry grocery bags on my bike. I tied it down as good as possible to my rear rack without damaging the fruit. I do believe some nice grocery panniers are in order.

Any suggestions?

If anyone has any good insight on the bike path thing, please, let me know.

2 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

I like my canvas bags from Frostriver out of Duluth, MN. See a picture at: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sHPI4zbXxYY/SHptv6myeHI/AAAAAAAAA5w/J8YHKuaJOBc/s1600-h/07-12-08_1724.jpg

bikingbrady said...

I think you are right to approach the city about the bike path being shut down. Put it in the perspective that this IS your commuting path. Would they close down a road for the same event?