Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BHMBA

Lots and lots of things in the works in the Black Hills. The meeting we had went great and lots of people attended. It seems many good ideas are going to come out of this group.

I put in my application to become a board member. I've never been on a board, never attended a board meeting and do not really know what a board member does. What I do know is that I want to become more involved in the cycling community and get some of my ideas for biking out there. I'd love to see the BHMBA grow and be something really great.

I am also on the race committee for this year. Again, I have no idea what I will have to do or how much time I'll have to commit. What I do know is I would like the races we have to be more family oriented. It would be fun if I could bring my family to a race and get them involved in some other activities. We could have Strider races, mom/dad relays, trailer pulls and so much more.

So, I guess that's what I have going on. I'm hoping to have more information regarding the BHMBA in the near future but since we've only had one public meeting, I don't know what's going on.

On a bicycle related note I'm trying to sell 2 bikes so I can purchase 1. If anyone is interested in a 2006 Kona Dawg or a 2009 Kona Kula Supreme, let me know. The Dawg got all new parts last spring and the Kula is pretty much set up entirely with SLX bits. Both are awesome but I want to downsize and have one go-to bike, enter Santa Cruz Blur LT. We'll see what happens.

Be safe, wear your helmet and ride your bike.

VCA 2010 RACE RUN from changoman on Vimeo.

No comments: