Monday, March 14, 2011

First Ride: Santa Cruz Blur LT

I rode my Large, Santa Cruz Blur LT for the first time today. It was a road ride that was quite hilly. The route is here

My thoughts of the bike... freakin awesome. Santa Cruz really put together a great ride. Even though this bike is a mountain bike, I rode it on the road and it felt completely capable. It didn't seem out of place climbing the steeper sections and felt strong on the fast decents. Another thing I noticed was that it felt like my hardtail when climbing but was super smooth on the decent. I expected it to feel a bit soft climbing.

I'm completely in love with this thing. It's comfortable, it fits, it's smooth and I can see many good things coming from it.

The bike has mostly XT pieces. The breaks are Avid Elixer, wheels/hubs are DT Swiss, Gravity Dropper seat post,

IMG_2603

IMG_2599

It's beautiful. I can't wait to get it on the trail and see how it handles some singletrack.

Let me konw if you've ever ridden one or what you think overall. My goals for the year are going to be much more fun on this thing.