Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Excess Packaging

I realize this article isn't exactly about bicycles or anything cycling related. The one thing that I believe does tie the two ideas together is that this story discusses the use of excess packaging. To me bicycles provide a more minimal approach to travel and fun. Think about all the items you can cram in a car then think about what you can fit on a bicycle. Obviously less fits on the bicycle creating the idea that the person traveling by bike has to greatly reduce what he's carrying.

So, here is the article. I agree whole-heartedly about companies and their excess packaging rituals. Frankly I'm getting tired of opening a large box with multiple small things inside including a bunch of packing material.

http://www.livingprinciples.org/the-wicked-world-of-packaging/


Enjoy.

No comments: