Friday, December 30, 2011

Bike Lights

Light courtesy of Light & Motion
I have this bike light. It's a Light & Motion Stella 300. I've loved this light since the moment I got it a couple years ago. Actually, now that I think of it, the light might actually be a Stella 200. Pretty much the same thing just less lumens.

What I found out I don't like about the light is the little rubber mount thing tends to age and eventually break. I was lucky as mine broke while I was at home in the garage. Based on my newly found experience, it would be highly recommended you take alternate sources of light-to-bike attachment. Bring some zip-ties, an extra strap, duct tape or anything that will secure this nice little light to your bar/helmet.

Now, I want to remind you that I love this light. It is bright enough for the casual rider to ride at night both on the road/path or on the single track. I do think the light should come with a spare attachment rubber thing or an alternate way to mount the light in case of a breakage.

On that note, I picked up an extra rubber thing yesterday at my favorite bike shop, Acme Bicycles and I plan on using my light this evening on a short mountain bike ride somewhere. Maybe Hansen Larson Memorial Park or possibly a short stretch on Storm Mountain.

Happy New Year. Be safe out there.

No comments: