Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quick Jaunt

I took the boys for a quick jaunt on my bike tonight. They rode in the trailer and I tooled around on my Santa Cruz Blur LT. I left at just before 4 p.m. and returned approximately 6 miles and 40 minutes later. We rode around on some different neighborhood roads that I haven't been on before. It was pretty fun seeing something different.

The boys lasted for most of it before finally succumbing to their tired eyes. Both fell asleep and were quite difficult to wake up when we arrived home. I should have taken some pictures of them in the trailer with their bobbing heads but the camera was left at home.

On a different note, I started reading Be Brave, Be Strong from Jill Homer. It is a great read with very vivid descriptions. She has an ability to make the reader feel they are right there with her riding the Divide. The book actually makes me want to ride it. Through all of the pain and suffering there are many parts in the story where Jill has vivid recollections of how beautiful and serene the trip really is.

It's a great read and you should definitely give it a try.

No comments: