Friday, January 20, 2012

Sale and Ride

My Ute is for sale. It's a 2009 Kona Ute. Stop in at Acme Bicycles to check it out.

My one and only bicycling goal for this summer is to ride the entire Centennial Trail. Not necessarily all at once just ride the whole thing. I definately want to make a bike camping trip out of it where I would ride from Sherridan Lake to Alkali Creek along the trail or some sort of combination. I think I can get it done fairly easily. Well, that section is difficult but if I give myself all day to ride from Sherridan Lake to Nemo/Dalton Lake where I would have a food/camp drop and then continue the rest of the way the following day.

I wanted to try and do this self supported but my bike, Santa Cruz Blur LT, doesn't exactly have much for racks or even places to attach a rack or frame bag. Anything I plan on taking would have to be carried on my back and I personally think a bivy, food, water and some dry clothes might be a little much on my back for the type of trail it is. I'm sure that could work on the Mickelson but not the Centennial.

I'm not sure of the timing of this ride. I was thinking early April or maybe May but when talking with my guy at Acme he thought it would be a better late summer early fall ride. Maybe I'll do both. It all depends on the rain.

If I don't accomplish that I do want to ride the entire Centennial trail where permitted. If anyone wants to ride with me and complete sections, I'm all for company. Let me know when you'll be here and I'll add it to the calendar.

If you decide not to ride but you have some good pointers for me to make this trek I would be more than happy to buy you a coffee while I pick your brain. Feel free to email me any information also. I'd be more than happy to accept any advice.

No comments: