Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fargo 3 Ride Report

I wish I had some pictures to share but I don't. I just picked up a Salsa Fargo 3 yesterday size 20". I drove to work today since I was running late but I did have time to throw the bike on so I could ride home and then ride tomorrow.

I must tell you, although it's a considerably different feel than my Blur, it is an extremely fun bike to ride. I start off riding down some singletrack for about a mile that's narrow and downhill until I hit up the bike path. The Fargo handled really well on the singletrack and felt solid. The position of the hands is a little different but I think I could get used to it. The bike is really quick and nimble on the path. The 29" tire size takes a bit to get used to since I've been riding 26" tires for so long. The 29" feels so big.

I'm really excited to try and take the fargo on M-hill tomorrow to see how it does on real trails and spend some quality time on it. I know I'll be adding some frame bags and probably a rack or two so I can carry my gear back and forth to work a little easier. I also will be doing some bikepacking this summer as well. I already have 3 or 4 rides in mind for overnighters.

There might end up being 2 of these bikes in my garage fairly soon. It's the first bike I've ever ridden that I think my wife has to have one. She's a lucky woman :-)

2 comments:

Snakebite said...

A dude from here I know (Atom) has a Fargo. He loves it. It's a pretty cool bike.

The Designer's Prospective said...

I rode on the Hanson Larson trails after work on Friday and it was a nice ride on the single trails. Different but nice.