Monday, May 3, 2010

Riding Update

I was planing on pre-riding the course at Alkali Creek yesterday up by Sturgis. There is a race next weekend. It ended up raining and snowing enough to make the trail pretty wet. I didn't want to cause any distress to the trail so I opted out. I rode M-hill instead.

It was awesome! I was meeting a couple dudes there and I was a bit early. I made a quick climb to the top for a warm-up then bombed down. I met Kris at the bottom and he started to push his bike up while I rode. To his credit, he has a downhill bike that does not go up well. 

Once we got to the top, we cruised around the peak a bit then headed over to a new downhill section. It was fantastic. It's fast, flowy, jumpy, smooth and has a little something for everyone. I wish I had my camera to take some pics. I need to work on my jumping abilities although I would say I did alright. I know I landed some of them as I should and some I came up a little short. 

It wasn't the greatest training ride, but it was a ride and a fun one at that. 

No comments: