Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fat Tire Festival

The cross country race I signed up for was delayed one day due to rain. It's good because our basement flooded and created all sorts of havoc. We spent the entire day Saturday cleaning up, mopping up and vacuuming up water. We took out all of the carpet so things would dry more quickly. I think our flooding was caused by a faulty sump pump. Such is life.

The race ended up on Sunday. 10 miles, 1 1/2 loops around M-hill. Lots of climbing and techie single track. I didn't place very well but I wasn't really there to race. I was there to pay money, ride my bike and enjoy the day. I did each one of those things. I did push myself on the climbs and my quads are feeling it today. I love it! My quads haven't hurt this bad for a while.

Not much else is happening.

No comments: