Friday, August 22, 2008

Week

Whoa, it's Friday already. This week went uber fast. I got a mtb ride in yesterday morning. My boss is gracious enough to let me come in late so I can ride. We rode part of the Victoria Lake loop. It was really pretty, fun, perfect weather and an all around awesome ride on my Coilair. I did have a few problems though. My chain was hopping all around so i did a few minor derailliur (sp) adjustments. I thought things were going alright until we came upon a huge hill that was about 1.5 miles long at a rather steep grade. I started climbing and about 1/2 way up the hill, snap, my chain broke right in half. I had my chain tool with and I fixed it there on the spot. However, I still had a small skip in the chain which eventually worked itself out. The rest of the ride went perfectly. We didn't get the entire 15 mile loop in as we really didn't know where the loop started or ended, so we jumped in the middle somewhere along a trail.

I'm not sure what the weekend has in store. I have a football draft on Sunday and hopefully some nice bike riding with the family. We might run up to the Mick trail and ride some of it. It'll be fun I'm sure!!!

I'm happy the weekend is finally here.

No comments: