Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WOD at Black Hills Crossfit

Went to CrossFit for the first time since last Thursday. I gave blood on Friday and wasn't feeling up to par for the workouts.

Strength session
5-5-5-5 Deadlifts I pulled 225 on my last set. I could probably go up but need to work on some lower back strength and form first.

WOD
5 overhead squats - bar only (45lbs)
30 pushups

repeat 5 times

My time was 5:40+ something. I need to start remembering it but I was kind of tired after it.

I can't believe how much pushups can hurt. Then again, I just did 150 of them. Well, 30 with correct form and the others turned into girl, kicking screaming, can't get off the mat type of pushups. The overhead squats are absolutely amazing. I think they would be easier if I had more shoulder flexibility. I have a hard time keeping the weight centered over my body. My shoulders want to roll forward which brings the weight forward which then makes me lean forward. So, I'll have to work on flexibility.

I'm curious to see how my body will change in the next 6 weeks while doing crossfit and the paleo diet. A group at work has a challenge that started as a weight loss challenge but has turned into a fitness challenge for me. I'm more enterested to gain strength, speed and stamina over just loosing body fat. Then, I also figure with the right diet and the CrossFit exercises I should be doing both at a fairly high rate.

We tracked our numbers 2 weeks ago to start then last week was week 1 and so on. Here are my numbers.

Baseline
Weight: 194 lbs
Neck (in): 16
Waist: 35
Body Fat % 16.03
Lbs of Fat: 31.10
Lean Body Weight: 162.9

Week 1
Weight: 189.5 (-4.5)
Neck (in): 16
Waist: 33.5 (-1.5)
Body Fat % 12.96 (-3.07)
Lbs of Fat: 24.55 (-6.55)
Lean Body Weight: 164.95 (+2.05)

Week 2
Weight: 187 (-2.5)
Neck (in): 15.5
Waist: 33.5 (0)
Body Fat % 14.01 (+1.05)
Lbs of Fat: 26.2 (+1.65)
Lean Body Weight: 160.8 (-4.15)

I'm blaming on my changes that I didn't eat nearly enough this last week. We'll see what happens next week.

No comments: