Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kona Ute

The Ute arrived at Acme Bicycles today. I stopped in to take a peek. It looks awesome. The Ute is very comfortable to sit on and I can already dream up ways to use it. The one thing I'm disappointed about is that I didn't take it home. It was a snowy, wet mess outside and I didn't want the bike (which will start out as a trial) to have it's first ride in nasty conditions. I'm sure it's up to the task, but I didn't want to subject it to the elements quite yet; especially since it's not mine, yet...

My father-in-law is a woodworker so I'm sure I could negotiate with him to building me some bolt on deck options. I've seen a couple pictures out there where they would build 2 child seats onto the deck. I've also seen a beer deck among other nifty items I'll have to look into if it becomes a reality in my household.

If the weather turns around, I'll get a ride to the shop and ride it around for a couple days and decide if it is worth the purchase. I think it would be a great commuter with tons of options for a grocery getter and child carrier. It's just fun and economical.

No comments: