Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Bye

I had to say goodbye to an old friend today. I packed up my Trek 1500 road bike and put it in the mail. It's going to its new home in Minnesota. I am actually quite a bit more sad than I thought i would be. It kind of feels like I am losing a part of myself. I couldn't really justify keeping it when I have 4 other completely capable bikes sitting in the garage. It was my first road bike. I will always remember you (tear)...

I have had many good times on that bike. My very first century, my first and second Gut Check 212 and many many rides on roads that I normally wouldn't have gone on. We've spend alot of time thinking and talking. We enjoyed the scenery together and we've shed some tears and muscle tears. The Trek is a snappy bike that loves to be ridden, which is why I had to say goodbye.

Alright, now I'm going to have to go get it from FedEx... crap, what did I do..

No, wait, it's a good thing. Soon enough, I will be moving on to bigger, better newer bikes that will meet my needs just as much. It's ok, relax and enjoy the feeling of the bright future ahead!

My dearest friend, Trek... Take good care of your new owner. Ride long and hard and remember the times we've shared! Good bye...

1 comment:

bikingbrady said...

You'll never forget your first....um...road bike. I parted with my Eddy Merckx that was a piece of history and that was MUCH harder than I thought. But I know it's new owner and I have visitation privileges :-)