Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Service Plans

Alright, I'm not sure what your opinion is on service plans, but I think they are a joke. Our heater went out last night and instead of calling the heating company to repair it, we turned on a couple space heaters and left for the night. I would have stayed, but given we have a newborn decided to leave. Anyway, I called company X to see if we could get a service man over and fix our heater. The lady on the phone asked if we had a service plan with them. I said no. She responded with, we are going to have to charge you a $95 after hours fee. I said, "But I am calling you at 9am and it's not after hours." She the responded with, but you don't have the service plan which would wave the after hours fee if the guy can't make it during normal business hours. Well, the repair man came and fixed the heater this morning. He finished up at around 1pm which last I knew, is not after hours. However, we will get charged the extra $95 even though the guy wasn't there after hours, nor did I call after hours. I think this is complete BS. It's a crappy way to get people to pay more every month for a stupid service plan that you may or may not need. Then When you do call and it is normal business hours, they charge you the fee anyway just because you don't have the service plan.

Damn the man!

4 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

just don't pay the extra fee.

bikingbrady said...

I think the state's attorney in Pennington County might take a dim view of this should it be brought to their attention. If they turn a deaf ear, the Better Business Bureau would love to hear about it. THE MAN BE DAMNED!

Tez said...

That is REALLY BAD! I would have called another company to see if this is a common practice for your area!

SD_pedalpower said...

Don't let yourself or others get hosed. Follow the words of BB.

-DW