Friday, November 7, 2008

Snow!

This is day two of not having to go to work due to bad weather. We had a ripper of a storm roll through here yesterday. Work was closed, and it's closed again today. I think in the entire Black Hills area, there is only 1 road open, everything else... closed.

Angie decided she wanted to give shoveling a go once the snow quit. She shoveled for about an hour, then I went out to finish it up. I shoveled for 2 hours and there is still more that could be done. I'm not sure if I'll do it.

I received this picture from a co-worker yesterday. It'll give you a pretty good idea of what we're looking at.



Our house isn't quite that bad, but I assure you that we have more than our share of "drift". The weather said we only got about 9 inches of snow in Rapid, but there are drifts as high as 12 feet. 78 mile an hour winds tend to push things around a bit.

I might even try and get out on one of my bikes for a short ride today. None of them are very snow capable, but they'll work.

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Tez said...

WOW! I love snow but not that much at once!