Monday, November 17, 2008

Training Continues

I haven't done any sort of training or exercising in over a week. See, a week ago Thursday, we had a large snow storm that kept us house bound, then we also didn't come to work Friday. So, that means I didn't work those two days which also means that I didn't get paid for those two days. So, I spent my lunch hours working last week to make up at least a few hours. Now, my training resumes this week.

I think I might change it up a bit though. I am going to start doing more endurance type training with a little weight lifting. More running and riding and less lifting. I'll still go to the gym, but it's time I start building a good base for when my serious training starts in February for the endurance bike races I'm planning. 1 being the Leadville 100 and the other Laramie Enduro and of course the usual Dakota 5-0.

I need to look up a good cycling lifting plan. I also need to start spending some time outside on my bike. With the wife's approval, I should ride my bike to work on Tuesday and Thursday since I lift on MW&F. We ride together everyday to work since we work at the same place and we drive Oli to daycare. I like seeing him off for the day. Spending time, although limited, on the bike would be very good for me.

I need to write an article for the Safe Routes to School newsletter. It's short, 175-225 words, but I seem to have writer's block. I know what I want to write about, I just can't seem to get words on the paper. Ugh!

It's a new day, smile, be happy and do something for someone!

2 comments:

bikingbrady said...

We need to get the coalition website up...then you can write an article and refer to it so we can get the increased traffic! :-)

The Designer's Prospective said...

yes you're right... I think I am going to take off the joomla or whatever it was that i used cuz I think it's crap. Get a nice WordPress site or something. It's easy and quick...

Now I'm thinkin!