Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Events

Oli was sick yesterday so I stayed at home with him. I work in the computer industry so utilizing the latest, I was able to complete some work from home. Definitely not a full day's worth, but some work anyway. Oli needed me more than work did.

When Angie got home, I decided to take the dog out for a run/ride. We walked up to the Skyline trail where I let her off the leash and let her go. Wow, she was wound up! I knew she was fast, but dang, I couldn't keep up with her. Then about half way up the trail, I realized I had completely forgot my helmet. I never forget my helmet. I seriously thought about going back, but I figured by the time I go back, my half hour would be up. So, I rode very cautiously with no helmet. I know, it is not safe nor smart, but I did what I had to do.

I received an email today from a state employee about possibly writing an article for a newsletter. The entire SDBC received this offer. I would love to give it a shot, but I really don't believe in my writing skills. This blog was started so I could try and work on that a bit. I don't think it's helped, but I find it mildly entertaining.

I may have said something before, but my road bike is officially gone. I'm down to 4 bikes, all being of the mountain variety. I was thinking of the possibility of a Surly Karate Monkey, but now I'm thinking I should just put my Dawg back together as a light race machine. I can then use one of the others for my road adventures. Or any of them for that matter.

No comments: