Friday, May 22, 2009

Pre-ride

I was going to pre-ride the course yesterday but ended up going for a 10 mile spin. Not real far. I'm up in the air if I will be able to do the race tomorrow. Angie has to be at NAUs graduation at 10 and that's when the race starts. That's not going to work very well having a small dude in our house. So... my race is up in the air.

I do plan on riding the hill climb tonight. I can't be sure how prepared I am. I'm probably not in super good climbing form, but I'll try it anyway. How will I know unless I try.

On the home front, we really really need to start packing. It's terrible. We move in 13 days and we have so little done. It's hard to pack when you might need the stuff. We won't, but that's our mentality.

If you're in Rapid, shoot me an email and I'll see if we can meet up.

Now, get out and ride.

2 comments:

Nick said...

"If you're in Rapid, shoot me an email and I'll see if we can meet up."

I ran across your post while looking for ideas on a route between Rapid City and Minneapolis. My wife and I will be traveling self-contained through SD in early July. Any ideas or links you can point me to?

The Designer's Prospective said...

It's a little bit out of the way, but I've ridden Hwy 212 all the way across the state to MN. It was a good ride and not a ton of traffic until you get closer to Watertown. Otherwise, I'd probably suggest something like Hwy 44 headed East. I'm not sure if that goes all the way to MN though.