Thursday, May 21, 2009

Upset

I'm so mad. This morning I was supposed to go for an hour long spin. I didn't get up in time. I slept right through. Now I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to get my ride in. I could go for a quick 3 mile run instead. I might have to do that immediately after work.

I have the hill climb tomorrow at 6. I'm not sure how difficult it will be. If I remember right, last years winning time was around 8 minutes. Average was about 15. I wish I knew how long it was and where exactly it goes.

Since I run and ride, I was reading Runner's World yesterday and it was saying how if you were to run a 5k race once a week, it would improve your performance. On top of my riding and running, I might give it a shot. Go out and pound out a fast 5k and see how I do. I think my best time ever was about 18 minutes. Can't say I could do that now.

I'll also need to be ready for the xc race on Saturday. It runs 15-20 miles on alot of new trail on M-hill. It's going to be a good one. I usually stay fairly conservative in my race strategy. I treat it more of a leisurely ride than anything. This time, I plan on racing and putting myself into the red. I'd like to see how hard I can push it. I don't want to burn out too early, but I want to keep a high pace. I'll use my heart rate monitor to judge my efforts. I think my legs should be strong enough to withstand a good deal of stress. We'll see.

No comments: