Thursday, May 7, 2009

Weight and Training

Well, my weight has been slowly dwindling away. I'm down to 181 by my scale. I can't say for sure how accurate that is, however, it's good enough for me. My goal eventually is 170. 180 for the end of May. It shouldn't be a problem if I stick to my workouts and diet.

I've become obsessed with my 2 miles a day for 100 days. I think I'm on day 13 right now. I'm doing really well with it. I'm starting to feel stronger and I know my legs and lungs are getting in better shape. I rode M-hill on Tuesday morning with some friends and felt really good. I'm trying to get used to my lighter steed though. When I climb steep sections the front wheel comes off the ground and I loose control. I just need to ride more so I get used to the lighter weight.

There is a mountain bike race on Sunday at Storm Mountain. I'd really like to ride it but it's Mother's Day. I can't do that to my wife and mother of my children. She deserves a day of rest and packing.

No comments: