Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Ride

I went for the first ride of my new/used Coilair this morning. It was really everything I had hoped it would be. I do need to set up the suspension a little better. It's pretty tight for my taste. I'd like it to be a little more plush. But, it cornered well, climbed relatively well for a 40 pound bike and it just felt dang nice. I wish I could ride it on the Gut Check. My teammates would probably kill me for being so slow.

I was very surprised last night when I got to the bike shop to start exchanging parts. The guy (Kelly) who I am bought the bike from also bought a new Stinky and a new Dawg Delux. I thought he was going to buy the Stinky frame and move everything from his Coilair to his Stinky. Well, to my delight, this wasn't the case. He purchased it fully loaded. However, he only bought the Dawg frame but in the end, he decided to upgrade many of those parts. So basically, I got a crank, bottom bracket, seat post, front wheel with a 20mm thru axle, and a kick ass fork for the same price as just the frame. That made me very very happy as I wanted to upgrade the fork and front wheel anyway, and now I don't have to.

It is a great bike. I can tell my legs are a bit tired from peddling, but I haven't been able to ride in about 6 days so it's hard to stay in shape with such sporadic riding. I think morning rides are in order.

Oh, one last note, the Rapid City dirt jump park has it's ribbon cutting tonight. I think Oli and I will go check it out.

No comments: