Thursday, July 31, 2008

Getting Ready

I'm on a mission to do better this year in the Dakota 5-0. I made the mistake of buying a different, heavier bike before the race but if I spend enough time peddling, I should do alright. So, for the last 2 mornings I have gotten up early and went for about an hour ride. I push myself pretty hard and try to do plenty of climbing. Yesterday I rode on Skyline which is not alot of tough climbing, but plenty of rolling peddle sections. Today, I went on M-hill where there is about 1000 feet of pure climbing and then down. I would say between the two days I have about 20 miles of pure mountain biking.

I was going to ride to work, but Angie and Oli convinced me otherwise. Oli is just so darn cute and I like to see him off in the morning. Tomorrow, I will be riding to work. More bike time.

I really need to figure out how to get more bike time without sacrificing family time.

No comments: