Monday, July 21, 2008

Longish

I went for a relatively long ride today over lunch. 34 miles. I know to some of you that is nothing, but i actually think I only have 1 other ride this year that is over 30 miles. So, it's a pretty big deal to me. The worst part is, I felt like crap for the last 10 miles. There are many factors. 1. I only ate a little bit of oatmeal for breakfast 2. it was 90 degrees 3. It was my second ride over 30 miles 4. My water was about 90 degrees as well so it wasn't real quenching.

Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them. I realize I am out of shape as well, but I thought I would feel better than that. It's only 30 miles for crying out loud.

On another note, my weight loss is still going well. I was 185 this morning which brings my average down to 185 for the last week and a half. I should be close to 179 by the weekend if I play my cards right, and if I stay on the bike everyday this week and get some exercise.

I'm heading back to Miller this weekend to help my parents combine wheat. I know I should be able to get a 60 mile ride in before work. It'll be fun. I've never ridden there and there is a perfect 60 mile loop. I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments: