Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weather

I didn't ride M-hill yesterday. That trip has been postponed until Friday. Instead I rode a little loop that incorporated both downhill road skills and some serious uphill mountain bike skills. I left work, got on Catron and rode down the hill to Sheridan Lake Road, then I rode to the cemetery and turned on Floorman where I could meet up with the Skyline wilderness trail system. I can tell that it doesn't get much use in the summer because it was really overgrown in spots. I almost lost the trail. It is a very tough climb at the beginning then it switchbacks the rest of the way up the hill. I think it's a little over 1000 feet of vertical climbing by the time I get to the top. It ended up being a 10.2 mile ride. I'm not sure how long it took, I would guess about an hour or so.

I still need to do some more maintenance on the Dawg. I realized that the rear derailleur is shifting kinda sucky. But I did put more air in my front shock which helped out alot.

No comments: